Thursday, May 04, 2006

To know ones self

To know ones self
Yesterday i had a realization of how maybe ego centric i am.
My mom was talking about family that was coming to town. She asked if i remembered them... I had no clue. She described the last time we met... Nothin. Finally she whips out the picture album... Nothin :(. I dont think i know any of my relatives, even the ones that live in state! The ones here i know names and faces, but basically nothing else.
The family in korea? With how much i know i could very well have been adopted or spawned from trees or something.
Finally i know about as much as anyone you run into on the street about my culture. Guess that is why i really am the twinkie/banana.
Does knowing this effect someones life? Would i be a different person if i was like the rest of the fam? Would i be religious like them? Would i speak the language better? Who knows...
This has also been the worst bus week in history to recap... Bus broke down one day, bus so full i had to stand, and today i had to run my ass off just to barely make it, but f it cuz todays my friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home