Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend adventures.

Weekend adventures.I branched out a bit this weekend. First on friday i crashed simons work ski trip to copper mtn. My first trip to the divide this winter! Also my first try testing my highly modified setup. All went well here.

After the skiing i went and watched 300. Not the greatest film of all time or even one that is really groundbreaking. It was tagged as the next matrix or gladiator, both of which are in my list of favs, but it fell short of the hype.

It was a solid film and well worth the money. Great action and cgi, but the downfall was lack of a real story and no character development at all. You dont even feel sad when the main character dies!The biggest new exp this weekend is that i became a bit more domesticated. For the first time ever i vacuumed the house. Dont get me wrong, i have vacuumed before, but never the house... Sad i know. But my excuse is my mom has this super fancy vac that i dont even know how to setup. My dad got a normal one from the flea market and once its working status was confirmed i had at it.
Go me!

I also tried the hardest thing in my swimming history this weekend. The 500 fly... A daunting task for any swimmer. I failed tho :(. I got so tired in the middle that i had to switch to freestyle for a while, but impressed all by maning up and finishing it up fly. Cant check it off the list yet, but least i went after it. In retrospect i think i could have completed the task, but when you're in the moment and your arms feel like jello and every wall you take a longer and longer break you start to get psyched out. When i was pretty tired and saw the number 7 on the counter (7 of 20) i actually got depressed lol.One cool thing i did learn is that i have managed to make some friends at these meets. On the far wall i had a little cheering section. And on the near wall someone was watching as well. I could hear some whistleing when i came up for air. That makes you feel good. I never realized that little things like that can matter... As a sprinter i dont get to hear shit.Anyway. Until next time kids i recommend the comedy of demitri martin the master of one liners.
Wish me luck at my admissions interview tomorrow morn!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did the interview go? i tried to think good thoughts for you :)

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home