Friday, November 03, 2006

I do it for the ___

I do it for the ___
Lots of people wonder why i keep a pretty crazy schedule year round. With the workouts and coaching my life is filled with hours upon hours of rec center fun.
3 days a week its the first thing i do in the morning. Soon it will also be the last thing i do at night 5 days a week.
For most people working out is just something they do to feel young, look hot, build confidance, stay in shape. Some where along the way working out became a way of life for me. I cant get enough of it. I love to learn new things about the topic. Hell i get pretty crazy if i dont do it for a while.
Maybe its because playing sports was not something my parents felt was important and i did not play organized sports. Maybe i am just a competitive freak. I cant quite figure why it is such a big part of me.
Why i continue is because i love the feel of competition. I love proving what i am made of. Taking down someone who is bigger or stronger or smarter then you is an amazing feeling. Having the feeling that your body is giving 100% toward a single effort is what i strive to feel. Training so your muscles can be on fire from fatigue longer then you would like to imagine.
My two fav parts of a meet. Warmup- everyone kind of has their own thing that they do to get ready. And they are all going about it at the same time.
Minutes to seconds before the race. When you know you should have taken a piss and you have that burning anticipation in the bottom of your stomach. Gotta get psyched... Gotta get psyched.
On the coaching end. Perhaps it is to get a bit of that feeling of competition. But seeing someone meet a goal or succeed beyond what they thought they could is another unmatched feeling. Helping people to get to those highs through all the possible lows is a challenge, but also rewarding task.
I always say i will do it till i stop having fun. And in the end i do it for the fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home