Monday, April 10, 2006

Ko vs Phelps, strike, and birthday surpr

Ko vs Phelps, strike, and birthday surprise!
I will start with some rejoice that the transit strike is over! No more getting ass raped for 10 parking.
The meet this weekend was pretty good overall, but also pretty lonely without a team/friends. While everyone else chatted it up i did lots of sleeping. Which in the end was prob good since i had no voice and was sick.
Anyway the meet got off on a fun note. Three youngens were lined up in the middle of the pool for the 100 back. Phelps, dave g, and me. Two redic fire drills later the race was on... My only chance to race this so called phelps head to head... Well in true form he kicked my ass lol... O well.
Other events that day were a 200 free that i would like to pretend never happened and a 50 free which i got a PR in, but fell just short of my goal of sub 23 (23.13).
Day two brought 2 very close races between me and dave g. I lost to him by .04 in the 50 backstroke and by .1 in the 50 fly some fun stuff since i never see anyone in my age group. The other race i had that day was the 100 free... I decided i was gonna lay it all on the line. The strategy was to in all out on the first 50 (2 breaths) and just see what was left in the tank. So the start buzzes and i rock the first 50... Meaning i am right with people that are like 2 seconds faster than me.... Then it happened about half way down to the 75... I died... I have never felt so terrible in my 6 years... My muscles could/would not coordinate and i felt numb... I could feel everyone pulling away as i helplessly tried to pull myself together. I finished with a 52.7 which is an unofficial PR. So i am happy with that. Overall the meet was good and i blame being sick for a few shortcomings.
The second day of the meet also happened to be affiliated with my birth. So as i was falling asleep at the meet i hear a voice... I wake up and see my mom.... Which totally confuses me haha. Anyway they were on the way to g-mas house and wanted to meet up for dinner after the meet. So after the meet i met up with them and had another surprise. My aunt jessica was in town. We all went out to eat some korean food. Good food horrible service. Anyway... Thats the weekend update.
Oh yeah my commie friend also left co with japan his destination for the next two years. Good luck my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home